Monday, November 3, 2008

Rock Band

Well since one of my friends is giving me grief about only posting about USC football I decided to write something completely off of that topic and about 1 of my experiences this past week.

I brought up Rock Band 2 to my dorm to play and have fun with friends. Little did I know how much time I really would spend not just playing, but thinking about what I'm going to do next in the game. Finally I actually got to where the end was finally in sight, where I actually could play all over the world. Especially when I saw 1 of the venues with a ridiculous 400+ stars available at it. Yep that's the new endless setlist, a whopping 80+ song setlist. I've taken a little break so it is still not unlocked, but anyways back to the main point of this article.

I unlocked the Rolling Stone Hall of Fame Set and wanted to make sure I could pass all of the songs before I tried it on expert, because I didn't want to do all 7 songs and die on the last 1, which is exactly what would have happened. Anyways I decided to try Painkiller my first time and died in about a minute. I had never heard the song before and fast strumming parts plus repetitive parts equaled death for me. So I basically ended up spending about 4 hours working on the repetitive stuff, strumming and intro parts, and then trying to just survive through the solo which is truly what eventually happened.

I played it and got good enough to get to that damn 57% mark every time, it was just the case of whether I could make it thru the last part of the solo without dying. I finally made it thru once, then did it again for that 8 song set, but wow that song is hard. Here's a video of someone much better than me, but just gives you an idea of what I'm talking about!


0 comments: