I just wanted to say, Merry Christmas everyone!
Thursday, December 25, 2008
Monday, December 22, 2008
Well BlackBerry released a preview of MediaSync for OS X, while I have not tried it yet, I hear that it can screw up 3rd party syncing options such as PocketMac or MissingSync.
More can be found out here.
The Unofficial Apple Weblog
Sunday, December 21, 2008
Well one of my friends recently brought me back into the engrossing world of tower defense. We played multiple maps, but my favorite by far was Gem TD. It is an interesting take on tower defense. It is similar to many by creation of a maze to send the creeps through before reaching their target, however they have to reach 6 different arrows in order before reaching the final position. In Gem TD, you have to lie out 5 gems per round, then you pick which one you want to keep. The other 4 become mazing rocks to help create your maze.
My first time playing I didn’t do great but I didn’t lose either. However now that I’ve played through 3 times, I have greatly improved my strategy and on easy, I have done 282,502 damage to the final damage test.
The map can be found here - http://www.epicwar.com/maps/76458/
There is also a flash version of this game, which almost replicates it with very few differences. This can be found here - http://www.gemtowerdefense.com/
Finally, I have made a checklist for towers in this game, because it does get very confusing what gems make which special towers.
The checklist is either in full color, color coded for ease, or black and white if you want to print it. If you want an Excel or Numbers format of this, please email me at email@example.com
Black and White
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
A new Firefox update is out, version 3.0.5! It has improved security and stability in this update!
No official release notes have been released yet, but when they are I will post them here!
Well I am a Mac user even though I have XP installed on Boot Camp, I tend to be too lazy to try and boot up and do things that way. Besides all my music and pictures are on my Mac hard drive. While it is possible to just pop out your MicroSD card and use the converter and a card reader to put it on your computer, you can also send media through Bluetooth.
I found this to be extremely helpful when I just wanted to transfer one song over to my Storm without restarting or pulling the media card. However, there is a certain way you have to do it.
On your BlackBerry Storm, you have to go to the media app, highlight whatever kind of media you want to receive from your Mac. If you want music, highlight Music, then click “Receive Using Bluetooth”.
After that you can send it easily to your device!
Good Luck and have fun with your Storm!
Monday, December 15, 2008
Well today Apple has released an OS update that many have been waiting for! This update has many modifications to Apple's core programs, such as iCal, Mail, and Safari.
Here is a copy of the update notes directly from Apple
Mail, Mac OS X 10.5, iCal 3.x, MobileMe Sync, iChat, AirPort, Safari
What's new in this update?
* Improves reliability of Address Book syncing with iPhone and other devices and applications.
* Improves the reliability of AirPort connections, including improvements when roaming in large wireless networks with an Intel-based Mac.
* Improves reliability of synchronizing files on a portable home directory.
* Fixes an issue in Mac OS X 10.5.4 and 10.5.5 in which managed users may not see printers that use the Generic PPD.
* Client computers that use UUID-based ByHost preferences now respect managed Screen Saver settings.
* Addresses an issue that could cause an encryption alert to appear in the chat window.
* Setting your iChat status to "invisible" via AppleScript no longer logs you out of iChat.
* Resolves an issue in which pasting text from a Microsoft Office document could insert an image rather than text.
* Includes general improvements to gaming performance.
* Includes graphics improvements for iChat, Cover Flow, Aperture, and iTunes.
* Includes fixes for possible graphics distortion issues with certain ATI graphics cards.
* Includes overall performance and reliability fixes.
* Improves Connection Doctor accuracy.
* Fixes an issue that could cause messages identified as junk to remain in the inbox.
* Fixes an issue that could cause Mail to append a character to the file extension of an attachment.
* Addresses an issue that could prevent Mail from quitting.
* Improves reliability when printing PDF attachments.
* Contacts, calendars, and bookmarks on a Mac automatically sync within a minute of the change being made on the computer, another device, or the web at me.com.
* Improves Apple File Service performance, especially when using a home directory hosted on an AFP server. Important: If you are using Mac OS X 10.5.6 (client) to connect to a Mac OS X Server 10.4-based server, it is strongly recommended that you update the server to Mac OS X Server version 10.4.11.
* Improves the performance and reliability of TCP connections.
* Improves reliability and performance for AT&T 3G cards.
* Updates the ssh Terminal command for compatibility with more ssh servers.
* Improves printing for the Adobe CS3 application suite.
* Improves printing for USB-based Brother and Canon printers.
* Addresses an issue in which a parentally-controlled account could be unable to access the iTunes Store.
* Includes general fixes for time limits.
* Resolves an issue that prevented adding allowed websites from Safari via drag and drop.
* Fixes issues that could cause Time Machine to state the backup volume could not be found.
* Improves Time Machine reliability with Time Capsule.
* Improves compatibility with web proxy servers.
* Includes Mac OS X security improvements. See this website for more information.
* Addresses inaccuracies with Calculator when the Mac OS X language is set to German or Swiss German.
* Improves the performance and reliability of Chess.
* Improves DVD Player performance and reliability.
* Performance improvements for iCal are included.
* Fixes an issue when running the New iCal Events Automator action as an applet.
* Adds a Trackpad System Preference pane for portable Macs.
* Improves compatibility with smart cards such as the U.S. Department of Defense Common Access Card.
* Updates time zone data and Daylight Saving Time rules for several countries.